Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Day In The Life Of A Dog

Some links before getting started today. Norma reviewed Jurassic World. Parsnip had photos.Tributes to the late great actor Christopher Lee were made by Maria and Lorelei

Now then, today it's time to hear from the point of view of the dog and the cat, starting as always with the dog's point of view.



7:36 AM. Waking up at home. Well rested. Dreamed of chasing squirrels. I had one cornered just where I wanted him... and then I woke up. Isn’t that always just the way?


7:47 AM. Good morning, human! Fine day, isn’t it? Say, how about some breakfast?


7:50 AM. Wolfing down a bowl of kibbles. Yum yum yum!


7:51 AM. Well human, that was delicious, and I thank you for that, but how about letting me out so I can have a good run?


7:55 AM. Running through the back fields, barking my head off. Woof woof woof!


8:14 AM. Chasing a rabbit for no reason. He gets away. 


8:21 AM. Stopping in to see Spike the Magnificent, Tormentor of Squirrels. We greet each other in the customary sniffing of hindquarters and begin to compare notes on sightings of the enemy.


8:24 AM. I relate to Spike my dream of nearly catching that squirrel. He says it is a very common dream for dogs. 


8:31 AM. Spike and I go our separate ways. Much to do, and much mischief to get into before the day is done. We haven’t had rain in the last few days, so a good mud puddle is unlikely in my immediate future, but hey, you never know.


9:03 AM. Barking when I arrive home. Human! It is I, Loki, Scourge of Mailmen, Moocher of Dinner Rolls, and Sniffer of Roadkill!


9:05 AM. Back inside the house. I think I’ll have a nap. Maybe this time in my dreams I’ll catch that squirrel.


11:49 AM. Waking up. Oh, good, lunch hasn’t happened yet. 


12:02 PM. The human’s not making lunch. Instead she’s picking up the keys and asks if I want to go for a ride. Oh boy! Car ride! I call shotgun! Do we get to go for takeout?


12:17 PM. Watching the countryside fly by as we drive. Boy, do I love takeout for lunch!


12:34 PM. The human’s stopping in a parking lot. Wait, this isn’t a burger joint. She hooks up my leash to my collar. Human, are we getting burgers?


12:35 PM. The human takes me through a door. I sniff the air and stop. Wait a minute. Human! 

You brought me to the vet!!!!


12:48 PM. We’re called in. I feel like a condemned man about to be led to his execution. The vile demonic vet sees us into one of her offices. Oh, she might pretend to be nice, but she’s really an expert in torture and punishment. I swear, if I get a chance, I’m biting her.


1:06 PM. Betrayed by my human. At the mercy of that horrible monster. And my human’s chatting away as if nothing’s wrong, while holding me down. That despicable vet is poking and prodding and giving me my shots. This is intolerable!


1:18 PM. The vile abomination says I’m all done. I consider growling at her while my human says something about my next appointment. I promise you this, vet... if you were hanging off the side of a cliff and only I could save you... I’d step on your fingers.


1:21 PM. Passing out the front door past some other dogs and crated cats waiting to be seen. Hey! It‘s perfectly acceptable to bite that demonic vet.


1:36 PM. Still annoyed with my human. Not really paying attention to where we are. Musing on ways to express my displeasure. Perhaps shredding a slipper would be ideal revenge.


1:38 PM. Hey, are we at the drive through? We are! I can smell burgers!


1:41 PM. Wolfing down a burger. Yum yum yum yummy!


2:19 PM. Back home. Okay, human, you’re forgiven for taking me to that demonic vet. The burgers were nice compensation for being tortured by that lunatic.


6:42 PM. Having dinner with the human. She’s having lasagna, which is deemed too messy for me to eat. I do get some ground beef, though, which is nice and yummy!


11:52 PM. The human is off to bed. Good night, human! Just keep the door open in case I decide to come upstairs. I plan on getting a good night’s sleep. 

Perhaps dreaming of finally getting even with that vile vet.


14 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, too cute! Being mad and hungry is not fun. Poor guy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog would never fit on the door like that. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, the morsels from the lasagne should make up for the visit to the vet, but not really sure. Depends on the size of the morsel. The reading pup photos are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange how dogs never realize they're going to the vet until they get out of the car, but cats...

    And I love the readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun in today's post it is hard to pick a favorite.
    So happy he did get a chance to have take out !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Diane: quite the wrong combination for the poor pup!

    @Kelly: thanks!

    @Eve: I thought they were.

    @Cheryl: somehow a trip to the vet seemed entirely appropriate!

    @Whisk: thank you!

    @Parsnip: I figured I'd better make it up to the dog by letting him have a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me wish I had a dog again, but the reality is I cannot take care of a dog properly. The cuteness photo was almost too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm missing having a critter companion of any kind. I do love your fictional pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! So many good pics. Love the cat in front of the line-up of shepherds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you find all these great photos! But your captions really make them sparkle! I like the "50 Shades of Grey" one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun day's diary, made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.