Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Masada, Israel

Once more, I'm doing a Six Sentence Sunday blog today. I'm taking these  from the work in progress in various spots through the text. The last two, incidentally, are from portions that have yet to be written, but the lines are very clear in my mind. As to who will say them? That's something I'll have to decide later...

“My darling, we probably just chatted with two spies.”


“I told Mrs. Tavington the day after the assassination, and I’ll tell you... hunt these people down to the ends of the earth.”

If they’d had a chance to think about it, they might have thought it to be the wrath of God.

She pressed down on the trigger, her last thought one she had memorized: Allahu akbar....

"To secure the peace, we'll have to make war."

(during a gunfight) "You and I go to the most interesting places."



12 comments:

  1. That last one is my favorite...though you do them all so well!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second from the last one. Sounds like a Presidential speech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea haww
    Love the last sentences so perfect !
    I am after all from Arizona land of the OK Corral.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sentences! I like the last one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to weigh in with the others. That last one rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Norma, Beth, and Karla: thanks!

    @ Eve: well, one of those quotations is from a head of government...

    @ Parsnip: Never play cards with a guy called Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Val as Doc in the Kurt Russel movie.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Minutes later: Oh no! My darling, what exactly did we say to those two spys?!!

    Fun stuff, William.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of them bring interest to the reader. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.